Job Title – Core IT Technology Services
Company Name – Emirates
Last Date Of Application – N/A
Job Location – UAE
Apply Online – Click here
- Drive Core Technology Services area in Emirates Group IT and its subsidiaries, to deliver significant business and operational benefits by standardizing the deployment of the enterprise applications creating and maintaining a fully automated service catalog to build the EGIT PaaS layer.
- Contributes to and implements the strategic direction of digital enablement of the group through the standardization of core technologies (databases, integration, applications platforms) to deliver speed to market, efficiency, and quality resulting in higher value to customers. Provides the technology platforms to support agile release trains to adopt cloud, application modularisation, micro-services, to build in quality and world-class engineering practices, bringing developers and operations practices closer together.
- Enables implementation and adoption of core technologies providing SMEs and support that ensures the appropriate level of tooling for services by implementing and continually improving data-informed production feedback loops to balance availability, performance, and agility.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS –
1.Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. A master’s degree is preferable.
Experience: 2. 10+ years’ experience of designing, building and maintaining enterprise-grade mission-critical, scalable technology solutions.
3. Hands-on experience in building and maintaining Core Technology Services, with a proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of a large-scale engineering organization in digital, data and enterprise domains.
4. 10+ years of relevant management experience, managing teams of technical engineering professionals in a large solution domain.
5. 5+ years of core technical engineering at scale with experience in Cloud adoption.
6. 8+ years hands-on knowledge of database, integration and application services.
7. Experience of Scaled Agile methodology, with modern flexible working practices.
0. Thorough knowledge of the enterprise technology stacks used for business solutions.
1. Exceptional technical knowledge of Linux based OSes, Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, vRA), Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase), Integration platforms (TIBCO, MQ, Kafka, Snaplogic), Application servers (Jboss, IIS), Container Management Platforms (OpenShift, Kubernetes), Service Mesh (Istio, Consul), Monitoring (AppDynamics, Splunk), Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Ansible, Terraform), Logging (Splunk, Elasticsearch).
2. Ability to think outside the box to solve complex technical challenges. Use professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues.
3. Deal with ambiguity, promote innovation and transformation, find new ways to be the best.
4. Research industry innovations and best practices. Apply appropriately in the solution domain.
5. Partner with technical and business leaders across the organization to drive value from technology solutions.
6. Identify and remove waste in technology operations to improve cost, flow, throughput, productivity, and quality.
7. Manage technology suppliers for complex solution development, global centers of excellence and distributed scaled agile practices.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careersJoin us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stay around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section. Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us on our website www.emirates.com/careers.